GREENVILLE, S.C., March 28, 2019 — BFGoodrich® commercial truck tires is announcing the launch of two new tires — the Highway ControlTM S and Highway ControlTM T — to help North American truckers take control of uptime while on the nation’s highways and byways.
The BFGoodrich legacy continues for trucks used for long-haul, tanker, refrigerated and dry-van truckload vocations.
“BFGoodrich commercial truck products are built to deliver long, even wear and fuel-efficiency performance to get the job done — even in tough conditions. It’s a brand that fleet operators can count on,” said Adam Murphy, vice president of marketing for BFGoodrich commercial truck tires.
The new BFGoodrich Highway Control tire line, which is SmartWay®-verified, is designed with features that include:
- New sidewall compounds designed to provide fuel efficiency without sacrificing wear.1
- Improved shoulder rib with microsipes to improve resistance to irregular wear.
- New tread design with optimized microsiping, which fights the onset of irregular tread wear.
- Serpentine flow-through grooves designed for outstanding water evacuation and all-weather confidence.
- Variable-groove wall to help reduce stone retention and extend the casing life.
- Excellent retreadability.
The BFGoodrich Highway Control S (steer/all-position) tire is available immediately and replaces the BFGoodrich ST 244. It is available in sizes 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 (Load Range G), 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 (Load Range H), 275/80R22.5 (Load Range G), and 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G).
The new BFGoodrich Highway Control T trailer tire will be available May 1 and replaces the BFGoodrich TR 144. Highway Control T offers many of the same features as its steer counterpart, with new sidewall compounds designed for fuel efficiency without sacrificing wear. The Highway Control T incorporates a shoulder-decoupling groove with microsipes to help fight the onset of irregular wear. The trailer-tire has a long tread life and its pass-through groove is designed to provide outstanding water evacuation. The BFGoodrich Highway Control T tire is available in sizes 11R22.5, 275/80R22.5, 11R24.5 and 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G).
Affirming the downtime-fighting durability of the Highway Control S tire, BFGoodrich offers a first-year, “Work Hard” mileage-satisfaction guarantee2. The Highway Control T offers a two-year, even-wear satisfaction guarantee4. Both offer a five-year, two-retread manufacturer’s limited casing guarantee3.
The BFGoodrich Tires brand offers a full line-up of high-quality, retreadable tires for line haul, regional, urban and on/off-road applications.
(1) Based on internal rolling resistance tests using ISO 28580 test method comparing the BFGoodrich® ST244 vs. BFGoodrich® Highway Control™ S tires in the 275/80R22.5 LRG size.
(2) Please see BFGoodrichTruckTires.com > Reference Manuals > Warranties/Guarantees for details.
(3) Five-Year, Two-Retread Limited Casing Guarantee when retreaded by an authorized Michelin Retread Technologies (MRT) Dealer or an Oliver Retread dealer.
(4) Valid only for BFGoodrich® HIGHWAY CONTROL™ T tires. Guarantee does not cover road hazards or negligence. Applicable to a maximum of 40 tires per ship-to location/customer. Valid for long-haul trailer applications only. Proof of purchase with date and purchase price necessary. Guarantee will pay in the form of a credit for 50 percent of your acquisition price per tire. Credit will be issued, and all documentation must be validated by a Michelin Sales Representative. All BFGoodrich® Limited Warranty exclusions still apply. See warranty for details. BFGoodrich® reserves the right to modify or discontinue this program at any time for any reason without prior notice. All claims must be made by Dec. 31, 2021. See your local Michelin dealer, your sales representative or go to BFGoodrichTruckTires.com for more details.
About Michelin North America
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The Company has earned a long-standing reputation for building innovative premium tires. In addition to tires, the Company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants. Forbes magazine has ranked Michelin No. 1 on its annual survey of “Best Large Employers in America” for 2018. Learn more about purpose-driven careers with a purpose-driven company at jobs.michelinman.com.
Category: Heavy Truck
BFGoodrich, Adam Murphy, tankers, long-haul steer, long-haul trailer, Highway Control S, Highway Control T, refrigerated, dry-van, retreadability, microsipes, flow-through grooves, variable grooves, stone retention